29.6.2008

Some showresults 28-29.6.2008

Järvenpää is a small little city near us, just 24 km far from. There was 2 NAT shows during this weekend.
I had two of my boys with on Saturday to Paula Heikkinen-Lehkonen (Hula & Hupi) and also two of them on Sunday to Garry Dryburgh, (Tezer-Whippets), Australia, (Luxi & Hupi).



Hupi & Luxi pictured on Sunday 29.6.2008

They say "every GOOD dog has also G:s in his/hers results" and that is very much true. In early days when I was competing with my Basenjis, my Kino (Ch Kenzongos Kinongo) was in one weekend BIS-1 and next gained just VG. This weekend it was Hula´s turn to take G, blue ribbon.
Every judge has his own taste and when someone is looking "just type" someone emphasizes details. When someone is after "daisy cutting action" in movement, someone else is after soundess, expression and/or elegance.

One thing which is above all to me in showing dogs is the THING; "you never know" and that keeps my interest alerted! Today there is no according to the rules in Whippets in the showring; like we had few years ago. Ch Bohem Flight Time or Ch Terra Bella I´m Redee, true Whippets which were trotting from one win to another.


Hupi, Ch Twyborn Philadelphia (pic by Nilla Lindholm)

Such a many types, such a many Whippets in rings today. Like in my pack, six of them, they all are very different in type. Somehow I also think that the versatile is the richness in our breed. If someone asks my opinion, I would say that I want to keep it like this.

Ofcourse there is a breed standard; but there are also many different tastes in breeding -and also in judging. Me; I want -and try- to be as open as possible to all different types and find their best parts. I am very much after soundness and balance; which I find the most important things in our breed!
I also want to find Whippet standing in his every feet soundly and balanced. What comes after that; smooth movement with some details perhaps; beautiful head and carriage; that is just extra, cream over cake.
In this posting I will enclose a pic from Leyendas Happy Days which I took today in Järvenpää ring. She is very nice looking AND standing nicely in her every feet.

Something which has delighted my day lately is one new Swedish import from Merci Isle; Merci Isle Second Dawn. What a stunning young male, I wait a lot from this youngster! Could you ask more from a 9 mths old male? His picture can be found here.


Trying to translate Hula´s and Hupi´s criticues here judged on Saturday by Paula Heikkinen-Lehkonen:
Hula, Carry On Ramblin´Man:
"Short bodied male. Strict shoulder and upperarm. Good depth & volume of brisket. A bit heavy in condition. Short loin. His backstep is lacking strength. Good length of head, but muzzle could be more filled. A bit light in boneing and has a bit weak pasterns. Is acting a bit unwilling today."
G
Hupi, Twyborn Philadelphia:
"Big and strong male. His overall look is a bit heavy because he is too fat. His boneing is a bit strong, too. His scull is quite wide. Beautiful, long lines. Good angulations in front & rear. Beautifully arched back. His overall impact is too strongly built."
VG/2

Sunday is easier to write down, because the judge was australian; Garry Dryburgh, Tezer-Whippets, and critiques are written in english.
Luxi, Monetblue:
"Good breed type. Large. Good head. I would prefer better front with better turn of upper arm. Good topline & underline. Restricted when moving. Flicking pasterns."
VG/4
Hupi, Twyborn Philadelphia:
"Well boned dog. Good outline. Good forechest & front placement. Smooth neck & shoulders. Good underline & hindquarters. Sound, but lacks elegance."
EXC/3



Leyendas Happy Days

Ei kommentteja: